Can Overcladding Enhance Your Commercial Building?
Commercial roofers can utilise overcladding as a simple, straightforward, cost effective way to rejuvenate and refurbish your roofing system.
It’s an alternative process that roofers can apply to help property owners take advantage of additional benefits.
But what exactly is overcladding? And can it help you to enhance your commercial building?
The process essentially involves applying material, such as metal sheeting or cladding, as a second layer to the existing roofing system. It’s used as a cover for any external damage, improving the buildings’ appearance – provides thermal insulation and ensures that the building remains weather-resistant.
Overcladding generally presents a preferable alternative to strip and resheet (roof replacement), which can be an expensive and troublesome option. The condition of a roof can be enhanced both practically and aesthetically through the use of over-cladding, making it last years longer.
At some point most commercial buildings need some sort of renovation or repair – utilising this process can help to cause as little disruption as possible to the overall structure of the property. Allowing any day to day business to continue, uninterrupted, whilst the work is carried out.
Summarising the benefits
Choosing overcladding as an option for your roofing system can offer numerous benefits to help enhance your commercial property.
- It can improve heat insulation to make sure your building stays warm during winter.
- Overall energy efficiency will be enhanced, so things will also stay nice and cool during hot summer days.
- The work will involve minimal disruption to the working day.
- It can help fully renew your roofing system – increasing its lifespan with an additional protective layer or skin.
- Save you time and money by helping you to avoid an expensive full roof replacement.
- Boost the appearance of the roof – offering a range of colours, designs and finishes.
- The roof will be more resistant to damage, reducing the need for maintenance – this will make it able to bear more weight, with less reason to go up onto the roof.
Is your roofing system suitable for overcladding?
Working with professional commercial roofers means your needs can be fully assessed. With our expertise, we can determine whether your roof is suitable for overcladding, alternative repair, or must undergo a full replacement.
We specialise in a wide variety of commercial roofing projects – from roof and wall cladding to asbestos roof overcladding – to help enhance your commercial or industrial building.
So please get in touch and we can talk you through the options available – to help you make the right decision.