A roofing contractor or a roofer is one that builds or repairs a roof. Roofer repairs, replace, and install a roof on the buildings. It uses a variety of materials.
Difference between a Roofer and a Roofing contractor
There is not much difference between a roofer and a roofing contractor. A roofer usually doesn’t have a certification. They are skilled but don’t have a license. Roofers can be licensed or not. It is better to ask before entering into a contract.
A roofing contractor, on the other hand, is a trained professional. They are licensed with the state that specialises in roofing. A roofing contractor mostly carries out its project. The roofing company hires a roofing contractor.
Different types of a Roofing contractor
A roofing contractor is mainly of three different types:
- Industrial roofers
- Factory shed roofers
- Commercial roofing
- Residential roofers
Different types of Roofers
- Shinglers mainly install shingles, tiles, and shakes.
- Metal roofers work on metal panels.
- Flat or single-ply roofers work on roofs like foam roofs.
- Hot roofers use products that are tar-based.
Roles and responsibilities of a Roofing contractor
- Roofing contractors work on the installation of the new roof. They are involved in renovations and roof repairman projects.
- A roofing contractor of a roofer must be physically to carry out extensive scale work. They must also be useful in carpentry skills.
- A roofing contractor also estimates the cost and budget required for completing a project. He keeps updated regularly with the client on the project.
- A roofer or roofing contractor also works on shingles installation, tar application, and tile removal.
- A roofer repairs the damaged roof and also cleans the debris.
- A roofing contractor keeps timely inspection of the roof. If there is any damage or an area that needed renovations, he will report to the client.
- A roofing contractor makes sure that the project assigned to him is delivered on time.
- A roofer works on the roof to smooth the surface and fill the edges with blocks of cement.
- Roofing contractors work on the insulation of material and solar energy systems.
Roofing contractor plays a vital role in providing value-added service to business establishments and offices. A roofing agency will not function efficiently without a well trained and skilled roofer.
A roofing company relies on a well trained and professional roofing contractor to run the service efficiently. Business establishments or a property manager looks for an agency that has skilled and licensed roofing contractors.
A qualified roofing contractor is essential to the roofing company as well as to business establishments and offices. The responsibilities burden by the roofing contractor is complicated and risky.
It is always advisable to go for a licensed or certified roofing contractor. They are trained and adaptable to changes. A qualified roofing contractor can fix an emergency crisis. It also helps to suggest cost-benefit analysis and effectiveness. The clients will benefit a lot from a skilled roofing contractor.